Unseen Yet There

By , August 10, 2013

“The Lord your God has blessed you in all the work of your hands.
He has watched over your journey through this vast wilderness.
These forty years the Lord your God has been with you,
and you have not lacked anything.”
Deuteronomy 2:7 (NIV)

Gordon Rumford Ministries | Daily Devotional | Unseen Yet ThereYou can view a PDF version here
Download Adobe PDF Reader here

Scientists have made remarkable discoveries about the universe whether looking through a microscope or a telescope. Yet about 68% of the universe is dark energy and about 27% is dark matter. Scientists know almost nothing about this part of reality that accounts for roughly 95% of what exists.

Dark matter and dark energy must exist because of how they influence what we can see and learn about. Hardly any scientist denies these two realities exist, simply because of the influence they have on what we do see. So we know a lot about 5% of reality and nothing about the other 95% of the world around us.

In our verses today we read of a reality that some of the Hebrew people doubted even existed during those forty years of wilderness wandering. Various times, during the forty years of wandering, the nation experienced trouble. Yet our verse says that the Lord blessed them, watched over them, and provided all they needed.

How do you reconcile this verse with the actual experiences of the nation in the wilderness? Exodus 15:22-24 is just one example of the people complaining about their difficulties. The opening verses of Exodus 15 records a beautiful song of triumph and celebration for the Lord’s deliverance from the Egyptians. Three days later they cry out against Moses because oasis they came on in the desert had bitter water and could not be consumed.

Yet God was with them in all situations. In their thirst God provided a way for the water to become sweet so the people did not die of thirst. So we recognize that even when the people could not see the presence of the Lord He was there and made provision for their need.

You and I need to review our walk with the Lord. Study carefully the times when you were unable to cope with the problems you faced. Look at all of the detail and seek to find the hand of the Lord guiding, providing, and sheltering you. It will do you good to recall the ways the Lord interfered in your circumstances and provided the necessary help just when you needed it.

Do you truly believe that the invisible God is really there? Do you believe He makes provision for your daily needs? If so then act accordingly. Be content. Though unseen, yet the Lord is truly there. Daily thank Him for your food, clothing, shelter, job, family and so on. It is good to be thankful to the unseen yet ever present God of the universe.

Leave a Reply